Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Vonnegut.

A few Quotes from a great man.
" The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell Stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."

"I'm going to sue the Brown & Williamson Tobacco Company, manufacturers of Pall Mall cigarettes, for a billion bucks! Starting when I was only twelve years old, I have never chain-smoked anything but unfiltered Pall Malls. And for many years now, right on the package, Brown and Williamson have promised to kill me. But now I am 82. Thanks a lot, you dirty rats. The last thing I ever wanted was to be alive when the three most powerful people on the whole planet would be named Bush, Dick and Colon."

"Welcome to Earth, young man. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It;s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of: Goddamn it, you've got to be kind!"

"Electronic Communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different."
"All I really wanted to do was give people the relief of laughing. humor can be a relief, like an aspirin tablet. If a hundred years from now people are still laughing, I'd certainly be pleased."

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

"we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different." love it.