Friday, January 16, 2009

Harrison and Francesca

Harrison Ford.
That word just popped into my brain so I thought I would say it :)
Also I got My book in the mail today!
How to (un)cage a girl by Francesca Lia Block.
Here is an excerpt Titled
"Little Pretty"

" What would it be like if I thought I was pretty
What would it be like if I carried the knowledge around
like I do the knowledge that I am a writer
pretty like peonies
Pretty like satin
Pretty like the child I was
would I speak to you differently
would I be healthier less stressed
less worried
would I buy more shoes or fewer
would I be more or less afraid of death
would I find something else to hate about myself
Would I get this jealous when your eyes aren't touching me
in this city of movie stars beauties would I be able to write such
raw and seductive words
Would you have fallen in love with me sooner
would I have frightened you away before you had the chance?"

This woman is Brilliant.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ahhh I want this book so badly! That pink book sounded good too.

Rachel said...

Yeah I'll bring it up when I come its a short read so you could probably finish it. Also
My Friend Leonard...
THE best book I have ever read.
Seriously. James Fray is like my top man right now.
You must read it